Throughout my time at Falmouth University I volunteered at a number of community and charity focused events within Cornwall. These events enabled me to develop my skills and abilities through hands on experience.
Key Events Experience:
- City of Lights, Mackerel Sky Events, 2012 & 2013
- Old School Sports Day, Falmouth, 2014
- Falmouth Feel Good Festival, Falmouth 2014
- Battle of the Bands, Falmouth, 2013
- Falmouth Festivals, Folk & Cider Fayre, Falmouth, 2013
- Curious Journey Festival, Falmouth, 2013
- Winter Wonderland, Falmouth, 2012
- Set up and technical instillations
- Event marketing and promotions
- Media relations including interviews with Heart Radio Cornwall
- Collecting donations
- Stewarding and managing small teams
- Front of house duties including box office and front gate
- Managing stalls and booths
- Attendee management and guest relations
- Close down, gaining attendee feedback and event evaluations
Isabelle is a passionate and enthusiastic individual. During my time at Falmouth University I had the privilege of working with her on a number of occasions; Old School Sports Day, Falmouth Feel Good Festival, Battle of the Bands and Winter Wonderland.
Isabelle was first to volunteer for the events which I ran and project managed and was a pleasure to have as part of the team. She is a strong minded individual who’s enthusiasm is infectious. I am grateful that I had the pleasure to work alongside her and I genuinely believe she will be successful in this industry. I thoroughly enjoyed working with her and I hope to again in the future.
BA(Hons) Creative Events Management Graduate, Falmouth University