Bollywood Shelter was a cultural Indian theme night to raise money for the ShelterBox charity. The event included traditional dance performances, a professional cooking demonstration and meal from Downright Delicious, a themed drinks bar, free henna tattoos and a charity talk. The event raised over £200.
Project Leader roles:
- Managed three team members and oversaw the running of the project
- Organised group meetings and created schedules
- Delegated roles and oversaw responsibilities
- Ensured clear communication between team members
- Organised and attended meetings with stakeholders, developed stakeholder relationships and ensured clear communication
- Developed a marketing strategy and undertook event promotional activities.
Additional key roles:
- Health & Safety: liaised with the venue H&S Officer and produced necessary documents including risk assessments and contingency plans.
- Logistics: produced schedules for event set up, the running order and break down including individual team roles. Organised 40 guests, 20 volunteer staff members and key stakeholders.
- Legal: produced stakeholder contracts including contingency measures, Health & Safety and rights and roles of each stakeholder.
The planning process was well thought out and carefully executed. Timescales were well planned and at no point did the project feel rushed or thrown together. There was a methodical approach to the whole process.
During the months leading up to the event, information was freely shared and queries answered efficiently. I was issued with all relevant information required in order for my role within the event to run smoothly, which ultimately meant that the event itself ran incredibly well.
I would happily invite Isabelle to organize and run one of my company’s events in the future. It was an absolute pleasure working on the project with her.
Executive Chef & Managing Director, Downright Delicious