I was chosen out of 200 applicants to be one of thirty Management Support Team members for Dimensions Festival and Outlook Festival 2014, two consecutive cultural music festivals held in Croatia, run by NVS Music Group.
Management Support Team for the Volunteer Management Department:
- The department was responsible for the management of 1,500 volunteers working in 17 departments for each festival. Key departments included Arena Stewarding, Press and PR, Main Gate and Wristband Exchange, Beach Patrol and Campsite Patrol.
- Daily roles: registered volunteers, signed volunteers in/out for shifts, held briefings, rescheduled volunteers and roles and handled volunteer related issues.
- Created and managed supporting documents including report forms and ensured forms were completed by Department Managers and entered into online systems.
- Liaised closely and built relationships with managers and teams of other departments. This enabled efficiency and accuracy when completing tasks and allowed the smooth running of procedures.
- Attended meetings with upper management to deliver feedback and evaluate the progress of the Volunteer Management department.
- I was chosen to work the Amphitheatre Opening Concert for each festival: Transported 80 volunteers from the festival site to the Amphitheatre in Pula, via boat. On site roles: assisted in the registration and organisation of 100 volunteers into five departments, monitored volunteer roles, rescheduled volunteers and oversaw the welfare of volunteers.
Isabelle is a fast learner and has a predisposition to being extraordinarily organised and thorough in her work. She is a natural leader and can be relied on to take charge if the situation requires it. Isabelle also has the natural confidence to take the initiative and solve problems as they occur.
With a great attitude, a real keenness to learn and a fun, positive disposition, Isabelle will be a valuable asset to whatever organisation she goes on to work with. I cannot recommend her highly enough.
Volunteer Coordinator, NVS Music Group