I was contracted to organise and run a music gig held as part of the Too Many T’s Running Wild UK Tour, for This Is Now Agency. The event was held at Mangos Bar & Club in Falmouth and the event sold out.
Event Manager Roles:
- Undertook networking and built relationships at previous events to create contacts for the music event.
- Performed all logistical and operations elements: researched and booked the venue for the event and the hotel for the band, researched and booked the support act, produced technical riders and all necessary H&S and legal documents.
- Selected a team of BA(Hons) Creative Events Management students to undertake a three week work placement focusing on event promotion and live events management.
Key promotional activities:
- Social media marketing with daily updates, competitions, free merchandise, free downloads of band’s music, discount tickets, images and videos.
- Selected a first year Falmouth University, BA(Hons) Graphic Design student to create chalk images of the band’s logo and event information around the Falmouth University Campuses.
- Created event t-shirts which matched the promotional materials.
- Held ‘selling days’ at Falmouth University Campus to raise awareness of the event and sell tickets: played the band’s music, projected the band’s music videos on the walls and gave away free merchandise.
- Extensive use of posters, flyers and band stickers around both university campuses and Falmouth Town. These materials were then used in competitions to win free tickets and to raise awareness of the event.
Isabelle went above and beyond the call of duty and really though outside the box. It was one of the best campaigns I have ever seen. If the Too Many T’s Show is anything to go by, she will have an extremely successful career in promotions. I could not recommend her highly enough to other agents or bands.
Founding Director, This Is Now Agency