Have no shame, we all did/thought these things in our first graduate job.
1. I’ve landed a real job in events management! Instantly update every social media site and write Facebook status to ensure everyone who’s ever known you will know how great you’re doing.
5. I’ll arrive early to show I’m super punctual. Oh no, too early, no one’s here. I’ll just stand awkwardly outside and wait for someone to arrive.
6. Must try really hard to remember everyone’s name. I can’t remember anyone’s name. Refer to someone by the wrong name and get instantly corrected.
7. Since when did events have so much paperwork?
8. Oh great, another Excel spreadsheet
9. Am I the only person who realises we’ll produce better ideas over a pint?
10. Why have all my amazing ideas already been thought of? At university I was full of original and unique event plans…
11. I thought our office would look more like Google. Where are the bean bags and massive whiteboards for creating colourful mind-maps?
13. I’ve never needed coffee so bad in my life
15. Invited to after work drinks! Woooo!
16. Get drunk in front of your new colleagues and instantly regret everything you said and did.
17. Tell everyone that you love your job…
* * *